On Sunday, Mach 25, the fourth in a row guided stroll through the Cemetery was organized for the members of the association „Izletnik” from Belgrade, guided by our colleague, Violeta Obrenović, art historian. The Association „Izletnik” (Excursionist) was founded almost forty years ago with the purpose to enable its members to get to know the natural beauties of our country and capital, see monasteries and other historic monuments, meet interesting individuals and craftsmen of unusual or rear occupations.
This year, the stroll through the Allies of the New Cemetery commenced by tour of the Serbian Ossuary of the Belgrade Defenders 1914-1918, where the members of the association were able to visit the crypt beneath the monument, lay the flowers and pay theirs respects to the fallen WWI heroes, buried at this Ossuary. Furthermore, they were able to hear the inspiring tales of the history of the Ossuary, its artistic and emotional value, as well as the people most deserving for its construction. The stroll continued with the story on the Monument of Russian Glory (Russian WWI Memorial Ossuary), whereas the guests also visited the Chapel of the Filed Marshal Radomir Putinik, Crypt of Field Marshal Živojin Mišić, in addition to the last resting places of the Field Marshal Petar Bojović, general Pavle Jurišić Šturm and colonel Dragutin Gavrilović.
Ова објава је расположива и на: Serbian