98 – years anniversary from liberation of Belgrade in WW1 was commemorated on November 1, 2016 by laying wreaths to the Serbian Ossuary of Belgrade Defenders (1914-1918), at the New Cemetery of Belgrade. The wreaths were laid by the City Manager Goran Vesić, representatives of the Alliance Association of Descendants of Serbian Warriors 1912 – 1920 and Association of Veterans for Fostering Traditions of Serbian Liberation War until 1918. During his short address, the president of the Alliance Association Descendants of Serbian Warriors 1912 – 1920, Colonel Ljubomir Marković, pointed out that on November 1, 1918, the City of Belgrade was liberated by the 1st Serbian Army under the Command of General Peter Bojović.
Serbian Ossuary and Monument to Belgrade Defenders (1914-1918) was built in 1931, in accordance with the design of the Russian Architect Roman Verhovskoy at the initiative of the Association of Reserve Officers and Soldiers, with support of Belgrade Municipality. 3.259 identified and 1.074 unidentified soldiers killed in the course of the Balkan and WWI were laid to rest in the Ossuary beneath the monument.